I am continuing exploring mixed media techniques in my Art journal. After finishing my Project for a month in June (adding 30 pages with faces) today I’m sharing my page #73 “Bird’s power”.
- Painted background with acrylics.
- Collaged with painted and printed telephone book pages.
- Painted and stenciled with acrylics, adding more layers of colors and textures.
Every next layer I used complementary colors (found as opposite on the color wheel. For example, after painting with Yellow/Orange – use Blue/Purple etc).
4 .Intuitively outlined and painted negative space around the bird shape (I didn’t plan to create a bird image; it just “appeared” in the busy background).
5. Painted bird and flowers.
6. Added another wash in negative space.
I like seeing all the layers!