The page was already gessoed before I started, and had washes and spots of pink, red, orange , and brown acrylic paint. I have “found” the face, blocking the shape with mixed green color and stamped around with blue acrylic paint and DIY styrofoam stamp. In the process wet green paint was lifted in some spots. The colorful strip is a left over piece from disassembled and painted brown paper bags ( I use the paper to make handmade journals in variety of sizes).
I wanted to see all the background layers of colors on the face. I used Buff Titanium translucent acrylic paint for the flash part of the painting and Raw Umber (brown) for the outlines.